Having a healthy menstruation cycle is very important for a woman. However, a period is often accompanied by painful cramps, hormonal imbalances etc. Listed below are few tips to help you have a healthy menstrual cycle.
- Select the right products for your personal hygiene. Avoid scented sanitary napkins which alter natural body pH and may cause skin irritation/infections.
- Change menstrual products at correct time. Do not keep on sanitary pads for longer than 5-6 hours as it increases risk of infections.
- Maintain personal hygiene. Keep your genital area clean at all times. Wash your genital areas every day to prevent yeast/bacterial infections.
- Adequate workout and mild stretching exercises help to loosen muscles and maintain optimal metabolic rates. It also helps to reduce pain in lower part of the body during menstruation.
- Avoid stress during periods. Estrogen is a female reproductive hormone which plays important role in maintaining regular and healthy menstrual cycles. But, estrogen levels are disrupted by the stress hormone cortisol, which is produced when you are stressed. Hence, avoid being stressed during your period to have a healthy and painless period. Practice yoga regularly to prevent irregular periods and improve blood circulation.
- Maintain healthy sleep schedule. Disrupted sleep schedule affects your menstrual cycle. Ensure to get 7-8 hours of sleep to experience a happy period.
- Diet – Healthy diet rectifies any hormone imbalance and lets you experience regular menstrual cycles. Include more whole grains and fruits in your diet. About 60-80ml of blood is lost during one period. To compensate the loss of iron in blood, iron-rich food such as green leafy vegetables is advised. Avoid spicy/salty food, which leads to painful cramps, bloating and water retention.
- Hydration – Drink atleast 1.5-2 litres of water per day. It helps to flush out toxins from the body easily. Staying hydrated also improves bowel movement and reduces period cramps.
- Apply heat to the abdomen and lower back by placing hot water pads/bags, warm towels to relieve extreme pain and abdominal cramps during menstruation.
- Managing pain- Massage therapies with essential oils such as lavender, peppermint, fennel involving specific points around abdomen, side and back helps to reduce menstrual pain. Include magnesium rich foods like yoghurt, almonds in your diet to reduce pain. Herbal remedies such as ginger, fennel seeds and chamomile tea produce anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic effects which suppresses swelling and muscle contractions associated with menstrual pain.
Mama Quilla Premium Herbal Sanitary Pads, made from organic and renewable material are hygienic to use and keeps you safe from skin infections, rashes. As Mama Quilla Sanitary Pads are made from natural Hibiscus plant base, they are toxic free, soft to use and has high absorption capacity. This eco-friendly and bio degradable product is an absolute must-have for experiencing a happy and healthier period.